Based on customer feedback that we send out too many notifications with not enough interesting information we decided to improve our release process notifications: We will no longer send out an empty "Product Update" announcement six weeks in advance followed by three notifications around the update.
Going forward we will:
- Inform our customers when the Product Updates take place via our Release calendar. Filled already for the whole of 2022.
- To inform our customers about what is in the Product Update, we will send a Product Update notification two weeks in advance highlighting the planned changes.
- Send one notification one hour ahead of the update.
- Changes deemed high-impact on existing users will be added to the Release Notes ahead of the Product Update notification.
Cirrus releases new versions to its platform regularly. We deploy these Product Updates every second week on Tuesday, see our Release Calendar.
Time of release per hosted region:
- EU: 06:00 CET / CEST (UTC+1 / UTC+2)
- CA: 00:00 EST / EDT (UTC-5 / UTC-4)
- SG: 21:00 SGT (UTC+8)
- AU: 00:00 AEST (UTC+10)
Cirrus announce releases at least 2 weeks in advance via our Status Page and on this platform, in the Release Notes. Customers have the opportunity to test the new release at least 1 week in advance of a release on cirrusrc.
Maintenance of infrastructure
Maintenance of the infrastructure normally take place on Sundays.
Our data shows that this day has the least amount of digital exams, and will cause the least disruption for our customers.
Hotfixes are the exception to our release cycle. Cirrus has the right to deem a bug of such a nature that a hotfix is required.
Hotfixes have minimal downtime and will normally be released at 06:00am CET/CEST.